Friday, December 21, 2007

The Neverending Nightmare Part Six

December 21

3:56AM-4:52AM

Am so excited that i'll be boarding plane soon! I head up to the ticket counters, which are swamped even at this time.

4:56AM

Gleefully hand over ID an bounce expectantly in place waiting for boarding pass.

4:58AM

Still waiting. Counter girl frowns. PLEASE DON'T FROWN. She cannot see that i have a booked flight for the day. Informed her of everything that had occured in the last 5 hours.

5:00AM

She found my ticket. It is for 6:50AM SATURDAY. The jackass from this morning told me the wrong date in his anxiety to get to his break. Sonuvabitch. Counter girl hands me a stand by ticket and suggests that i go see if i can make my way onto the flight.

5:01AM

Restrain myself from using telekinetic powers of the mind to rip girl limb from limb.

5:02AM

Get back into security line for the 5th time in a 24hr period.

5:15AM

Get pulled aside for full scanning FOR THE THIRD TIME. ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?! DO I LOOK LIKE A TERRORIST TO YOU? WHEN DID I HAVE TIME TO PICK UP CONTRABAND WHEN I HAVEN'T LEFT THE DAMN AIRPORT IN 24 HOURS.

5:20AM

Guards notice my displeasure and attempt to reassure me by explaining what it is they are going to do to me and that i was selected randomly. YOU MEAN I WAS RANDOMLY SELECTED TO BE GROPED 3 TIMES TODAY? OH AREN'T I THE LUCKY GIRL.

6:50AM

Flight is full. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 dollars.

I quit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lyannie, as much as I truly enjoy reading your blog, you can't imagine the sadness I feel that you have not been able to make it home!