Friday, December 21, 2007

Holidays Are Hell Part Three

December 20th

4:00PM

Flight cancelled. On stand by with 10 others. Am not at top of the list. If the 6:00PM does not go through will be on stand by for the 10:15PM flight. Other passengers are getting angry. Its making me uncomfortable because absolutely nothing will get done if they continue to tie up resources by bitching.

4:15PM

Call my daddy. Daddy is waiting in DC to go road tripping with me to FL. Sadly i won't make it. Daddy goes on without me. HE LEAVES ME LOST AND ALONE AND PENNYLESS

4:16PM

Dramatics over, he advises me to buy a ticket straight to Florida. I do, and head back out to the JetBlue ticket counters instead.

4:30PM

Have 6:45PM tickets to Orlando! Things are looking up! I have to get in line and go through security again. Much failage.

5:00PM

Apparently my shady reputation has caught up with and i was selected for additional screening. Not only have i gone through security once today i have to get by a large woman with rough hands. She made it to second base without my permission i may add. Once i was allowed to wrap the shredded bits of dignity back around myself, i gathered my things and went to my gate. My boarding pass was not highlighted to indicate i was searched. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

5:13PM

Only 1 gate has Orlando on it. I sit down again on the cold dirty floor to wait. But the end is near and i, i am relieved.

No comments: