Friday, December 21, 2007

Holidays are Hell Part One

December 20th

11:00AM

The day started out with snow. Lots and lots of snow. Traffic in the road and a ridiculous amount of people heading elsewhere for the holidays slowed things down considerably. I was just roaring into the airport concerned about being late and dodging already irate individuals.

11:10AM

Something is wrong with my ticket to Washington DC. I have to find someone to help me.

11:20AM

No one wants to help. Several people decide to go on break as i make it to a counter. I am directed to other lines.

11:30AM

Am getting nervous because plane leaves at 12:10PM. Am sent to Additional Services line. It is very long.

11:43AM

Jump into First Class line because Additional Services is taking too long. Lady finally looks at my boarding pass. And tells me i should have checked in by 11:40. Plane is closed. Nothing she can do to help me.

11:44AM

Urge to kill rises.

11:45AM

Ask calmly and politely why i cant just go down to the plane, its been delayed anyways, other people have had planes held for them.

11:46

Rudely told to get back in line for a standby ticket.

11:47AM

Urge to kill leaves, urge to cry takes over.

11:48AM

Refuses to cry.

11:50AM

Pick up standby ticket for 1:55PM. Call parents and give them the bad news.

12:00PM

Hundreds of people are sprawled throughout the terminals. I find a spot on the floor with a plug for my laptop next to a trash can. I sit. Goodwill towards mankind has returned as i wait patiently for the next flight.

No comments: