Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wandering

I decided that i had to go to Borders. Yes, there may be a bookstore on every corner here but i was longing for my days as a corporate tool and i really wanted to be able to walk into the store and be able to move into any section i wanted without asking for help or reading signs.

So i walked from work to the subway and jumped onto the red line. 5 stops later i disembarked and transfered onto the green line. The green line let me off in front of the Boston Public Library. Which is GLORIOUS! I wish i had my camera. It was so pretty.
Copley Square also had one of the prettiest churches i've seen. There was also a Kahlil Gibran memorial that i liked which read : "It was in my heart to help a little because i was helped much."

i found Borders. I bought a book. And retraced my steps home without getting lost.

Amazing i know. :)

Now that i can successfully manuever the green and red lines i still need to hit the orange, blue, and silver. Well not so much the orange line. I hear people get shot there. But only between the hours of 3 and 5pm. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, pretty chica! Someday I'm gonna visit you and you will have to show me around!

Anonymous said...

ooooh color coded train lines...I hate the ones in D.C. that intersect twice down the line, it gets sooo confusing when you're drunk!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you're pretty safe between the hours of 3-5 am if you're with someone who's puking all over you...trust me on this.