Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I made it!

The trip to Boston was strangely uneventful. I watched Children of Men on my laptop and the girl sitting next to me kept jumping every time someone would get killed. The view from the plane as we landed was absolutely beautiful! Seriously, it looked so fake! On the left you could see the airport and other buildings but on my right it was just wee sailboats on the water and colonial homes dotting the shoreline in between swathes of trees.

I would have taken a picture but my stuff was too crammed together.

Speaking of stuff, my suitcase weighed 70 pounds and i had to pay an extra 25 bucks to bring it with me. Darn. The fun part came when Alicia and i tried to manuvere that monstrosity on and off a few buses, on and off the subway, and then across Harvard Yard into Alicia's office.

We dropped off the excess baggage and then set off into a walking tour of the city. I have no idea where we actually went but we ended up wandering across a bridge and seeing MIT as well as BU. I saw a boy wearing a World of Warcraft t shirt on the MIT campus. It made me happy. It felt like coming home.

I still can't believe that i won't be heading back to Florida in a week.

I walked into one of the independant bookstores out somewhere in the city. They had a whole wall dedicated to books written by Harvard professors and i was pleasantly surprised to find i had already read quite a few of them. The independant children's bookstore is nifty looking.

Sadly, i have no pictures for today's update but i promise i'll put more up when i get into tourist mode. For now Alicia and I are resting from the day's exertions in what seems to me to be geek paradise. The members of this household play WoW. They watch Firefly. They play boardgames including Risk and Stratego. There is an Xbox and a Playstation. I've set up shop in their library which is gloriously full of books i love and some ive not read but am most willing to get into.

I ate Vietnamese for lunch today and am snacking on organic sour cherries fresh from the farmer's market.

I saw a church with a sign that said "Be Swift to Love, Make haste to be kind."

In short, i am quite in love with this city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made my day!!!! I'm so happy you are taking it all in and enjoying!!!!

Love momma

Anonymous said...

The King plus David and Jane:

We are ansiously waiting for some pictures................. We thought you looked nice ecept for the mango face. Jane said we are not being nice (but she always says that..Ha!)Tell us about the Harvard Professors?