Saturday, August 15, 2009

There's A Puerto Rican Living In My House

How can you tell there's a Puerto Rican living in my home?

1. The tostonera dangling from the wall with the other utensils.
2. The pilón sitting on top of the fridge. Actually i have two of Benita's pilones sitting on my fridge.
3. The casita with a gallo hanging out on my sidetable.
4. The collection of homemade sofrito in my fridge and limbers in my freezer.
5. The HUGE Puerto Rican flag hanging in my living room.

Okay I'm just kidding about the flag. Soy boricua but flags as decoration is pretty charro.

No offense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vaya Boricua!!! I'm humbled that you have all the special cultural items within your habitat. Now you need to ackowledge that you are from Rio Piedras and not River Rocks...LOL!!! Love ya, Dad

Anonymous said...

Lyan, te la comistes con esta explicación!!! I'm glad you do not have the "bandera" hanging from your wall!!!

Love ya,

momma