Sunday, May 18, 2008

Public Gardens




Saturday i got up early and went for a run in the park. The Boston Commons is as beautiful in the spring as it is in the winter. I jogged up and down and around the frog pond (it freezes for ice skating in the winter!) before giving up because running on a pretty day is not my idea of fun. Running when its ugly out is. ;) But I'd rather stroll now that the weather has become something my body is more accustomed to. Because it was still early i walked over to the movie theater and caught a matinee showing of Baby Mama. I used to hate going to see movies alone but i don't mind it so much now. Does this signify growth as a self sufficient person? Perhaps. The movie was okay. I <3 Tina Fey.

After the movie i walked over to the Public Gardens. I had a book with me so i sat underneath a tree to read and people watch. It was the most peaceful day i've had in quite some time. A family stopped to take pictures and one of them asked if i would take a group photo. When i agreed the rest of them handed me their cameras as well. They then proceeded to tease me and tell everyone to watch to make sure i didn't run away with all of their cameras.

No comments: