Sunday, February 10, 2008

Roller Derby





This was the most insane thing i've experienced in the 7 months that i've been in Boston. Kevin and I had reserved seating right behind the Cosmonaughties team bench. We, however, ended up sittign on the FLOOR OF THE TRACK right on the sign that said Beware of Falling Skaters. The lovely skaters all had creative names such as Sheryl Crowbar, Claire D Way, Jodie Faster, Maura Buse, and Triple Deck Her.

Maura Buse was most impressive.

I'm still not quite clear about the scoring but the guy i was sitting next to tried to keep track of the points for me. I was too busy wincing and peeking between my fingers when a Cosmonaughtie or Wicked Pissah crashed to the ground in front of me. Evilicious smashed into a wall and was taken away by stretcher and wearing a neck brace!

If i thought i could actually stand up on skates ( and had medical insurance) i would totally try out for one of the teams.

No comments: